Add scones to the list of baked goods that my toaster oven can succesfully create. Sure, it takes a bit of adjusting (both moving the tray up and down on so that neither the tops nor bottoms get burned, as well as moving individual scones around so that it's not just the middle ones that get nice and golden brown), but overall this hornito is winning some major bonus points with me.
I brought back a tea-party inspired gift for my Rotarian host Gonzalo and his wife Monica. Mom and I went to Enchanted Tea, a cute little tea shop in Vancouver for inspiration (and tea) for Mom's highly succesful Kol Ami auctioned tea party, and while we were there we tried some scones. The owner served us the scones with some delicious jams, but the best one was a cranberry-apple compote. I bought some of the Enchanted Tea scone mix and bought a jar of the cranberry compote for my Rotarians- I mean, what says NORTH AMERICAN more than cranberries? They're impossible to find outside of the US! (in my experience.) Mom was kind enough as to buy me some dried cranberries to bring down to Ecuador, so I tossed a few into my lemon scones and they turned out nicely. Dad suggested that I make some scones for Gonzalo and Monica as well so that they would understand what the final product was supposed to look like, so I'm giving them the scones and the scone mix and compote (as well as a few choice teas- like a few bags of pomegranate and chai).
So, querido hornito-thanks for coming through for me, yet again. Next mission: reproduce previously mentioned amazing challah- in the toaster oven!
so much adventure for one small toaster oven, It really should write a story about its life under your care. Love the previous pics and oh that bread looks so delicious.
ReplyDeletekeep the blogs coming
Love you O&B
I still need to make that olive bread! but those scones sound delish too.
ReplyDeleteI must second your praise for "el hornito". I'm really enjoying ours as well. I made spanikopita-type goodies and they too turned out well. It's so much nicer than turning on the big oven. May the scones go over well.
ReplyDelete