Wednesday, October 19, 2011

GOOD NEWS!!!

Alvaro had an interview today for a tourist visa to come to the US in December to celebrate the holiday season with me and the Clan.  Both of us were super nervous (Alvi probably more, admittedly) but he nailed it!  They gave him the visa!!!  We'll be visiting Rach and Dan in San Francisco first, and then heading up north to visit the parental unit. I'm sure we'll see some more of the fam and of the Vancouver Gang during that time too.

This is the best news ever!  I had been trying not to get too excited about the idea of Alvi visiting in case the US Consulate decided not to give him the visa, but I'd definitely been failing- I'd been planning foods that I wanted to eat, places I wanted to show him, and I'd been bookmarking recipes that I want to make with Rach and Mom while I'm home (hello, YUM! these baked eggs with goat cheese and basil-mint pesto!).  Although I was trying to prepare myself for a potential "no", I'm absolutely stoked with the "sí!" and will now continue to go crazy coming up with plans of things to do, eat, and see.  ¡¡¡Qué emoción!!!

lots of giddy hugs to everyone

3 comments:

  1. I've found myself smiling a big smile many times this morning- all because of this news. I feel like I could wiggle out of my skin I am so excited. Yea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete