Wednesday, May 4, 2011

chile ya voy....pero en serio YA VOY!!!!

I'm ready to leave for Chile!  I cleaned out my refrigerator of all perishable items, I've taken out the garbage so it won't be smelly when I come back, I've cleaned up so I'll come home to an orderly apartment, and most importantly, I've found a plant-sitter for my plantitas. I asked my neighbor if he would mind watching them (he's always been very friendly, I just feel bad because I'm the only one ever asking for favors!), and he (of course, because he's very friendly) said yes!  So now they're basking in the sun on top of his washing machine, and I know that when I come back, I won't have dried basil or mini, wilted chives.

I got my errands done this morning- paying rent and the electricity and phone bill- and I bought some goodies for Alvaro's family. Despite the fact that this is a week and a half journey, I seem to have an absurd amount of clothes- mostly because I want it to be sunny and warm, so I packed warm clothes- but I know it will probably be cold and possibly rainy, so I brought practical clothes too. On top of that, I'm bringing texts from several of my classes so I don't get too far behind.

This isn't really a true blogging despedida- goodbye- because I'm sure that I'll update (with pictures maybe?!) from Chile, but it is momentous because the next time that I blog, I'll be coastside, and hopefully sipping on a pisco sour, enjoying a baked cheese empanada!

I'm going to do some yoga to stretch out before the long periods of time carrying a heavy backpack and sitting, although I'm not really in a peaceful sort of mindset- I'm in a "wahoooooooo I'm on vacation and going to Chileeeeeeeee!!!!" kind of mindset.

No comments:

Post a Comment