Sunday, May 15, 2011

back in quito

I arrived without any real troubles back to Quito!  It was nice flying in- I remember when I was flying over Quito when I first came here in September I was kind of terrified- I was landing in a country where I had very limited contacts and no permanent friends, and flying over all the houses and apartment buildings was just another reminder that I didn't know anyone, anywhere. This time I recognized landmarks, and a friend called me within five minutes of landing!  So it's nice to be in yet another familiar place knowing that friends and classmates will greet me with hugs and besos tomorrow. 

Also nice- only one month left of classes!!!!!  This is also highly problemtatic- how am I possibly going to read everything that's still left in my coursepacks and write all of my final essays and exams in JUST ONE MONTH????  Still, in one month I will be one "measly" thesis away from becoming Master Stoler, or as Alvaro refers to my future title by referring to one of my many bizarre nicknames that would never fly in English: Cerdito Master.

It's good to be back in Quito!

3 comments:

  1. no, mostly because i'm more stuffed up than i've ever been in my life. i am used to excessive tissue usage what with my allergies but this is a new extreme. i'm gross.

    ReplyDelete
  2. embrace the nose blowing.

    ReplyDelete