Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Chile ya voy!

Big news- I'm heading to Chile!  I have an intermedio- a week long vacation in the middle of my semester, and I decided to hop on a plane and take a 10-day trip.  As much as I do love Quito, I'm ready for a day without morning or afternoon rain and thunderstorms, I'm ready for the sun to set some time later than 6:30, and I'm ready to get my chilean accent on...cachai???? 

I'll eat those delicious baked cheese empanadas just up the street from Alvaro's house, maybe a chorrillana (sin carne por favor), lots of fruit, and maybe a papapleto (like a chilean completo- hot dog with avocado, tomato, mayonaise, etc. except with french fries instead of a hot dog in the middle!), sopaipillas, definitely lots and lots of bread, maybe drink a piscola or too, and then come back "home" to Ecuador to detox from the fried food. 

And then obivously the grand finale, I'll get to see Alvaro!  And his family!  And some of my chilean and gringo friends who are still there, which will be great.  I can't wait to walk along the waterfront, climb hills in Valpo, and just generally be a regalona chilena. Oh, and you know, write midterm essays and study for midterm exams when I get back, but I'm trying to pretend that I won't have to do that. 

1 comment:

  1. I loved the empanadas we had up the coast a bit with Alvaro. I still fondly recall the cheesy dough and warm goodness of them. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete