Saturday, April 16, 2011

best breakfast ever !!!

As Rachel mentioned previously, Alvaro's leaving has had one positive side: the consumption of copious amounts of macaroni and cheese. 

Taking full advantage of a Saturday morning, I decided to make a non-traditional breakfast.  Specifically, macaroni and cheese, which I had been craving since yesterday evening.

I had half a zucchini leftover from my zucchini bread earlier this week, so I sauteé'ed it with some leeks and onions that came in my co-op basket this week. I threw every kind of cheese I had in the house together- mozarella, a tiny bit of cheddar, and a tiny bit of bleu cheese.  All with a tiny amount of roux and milk.  Add some garlic and a combo of whole wheat and quinoa macaroni noodles, and my clean-out-the-fridge morning mac and cheese was a delicious success!  Who would have thought that cheddar and bleu combined would be yummy?  Or that I would be eating zucchini for breakfast in a non-cinnamon-y/sugar-y bread combo that would be yummy enough to garner a blog post?

I was going to make a comment about me growing up and being all mature, eating a previously disliked vegetable for breakfast, but then I remembered that I did just eat mac and cheese for breakfast, which cancels out previous feelings of maturity and adulthood.

1 comment:

  1. mac and cheese with leeks in it is decidedly adult, whatever meal at which it is consumed.

    PS: what's next, your own Costco card?!

    ReplyDelete