Tuesday, June 28, 2011

ÉXITOOOOOOOOO

PEOPLE!!! The moment I've been waiting for has arrived! And no, I'm not talking about moment when the people at Mr. Bagel address me by first name or as veci, but rather my academic moment of victory!!!!!

I HAVE SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED MY FIRST YEAR OF MY MASTER'S DEGREE!!!!!!!*

I've turned in all of my final exams and essays, which, by the way, totalled to more than 70 pages SINGLE SPACED, aka 140 pages double spaced, which is a lot to do in the course of a week and a half.

This warrants celebration!  I suppose that my upcoming trip HOME tomorrow counts as serious celebrating.

I have a looooooong list of errands, issues to take care of around the apartment, and activities to do/people to see, but I'm taking a few minutes to privately to celebrate by eating a quesadilla and a bowl of corn flakes, pretty much the only foods I have left and also the only two foods I've eaten in the past week (approximately).

I'm so excited to see family and friends and to just bask in the glory that is the Pacific Northwest during summertime. I can't wait to see everyone and show off just how much my English language skills have deteriorated over the course of a year. Big virtual hugs to everyone that are soon to become real, in-person hugs!!! 

*Not to be confused with me actually finishing my Master's degree because I still have a whole year left to start, write, and finish my thesis.

3 comments:

  1. Felicitaciones, eres la mejor de todas, ahora a disfrutar de la vida rica con la familia y chanchurrear con la tesis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippee! Safe travels and soon hugs in person (yea!)

    ReplyDelete