It's been a kind of bittersweet, extended end to my first phase of the Master's program. There was a costume party at the U on Friday, and it was fun to see everyone dressed up. Due to my limited wardrobe options and my odd (but always useful) posession of leg warmers here in Ecuador, I dressed up as an 80s exercise figure, although the truth is that Alvaro stole the show with his Tom Cruise in Risky Business costume. It was nice to have a fun way to have a despedida- goodbye party- for all of us, although it's sad to think that lots of my classmates are returning to their home countries to work on their theses, and I probably won't see them for a long time.
But there's no time to be sad! Or even time to be happy, hanging out with friends who are still around before I leave! I have a strict studying schedule in order to finish my two final exams and two final essays before I go home (total pages: approx 65 pages of exams and 30 pages in essays- who would have thought essays would be "easier" than exams???)- I have to finish half of each assignment every day in order to have one final day to clean my apartment and pack, and to get everything finished before I leave.
So I was planning on posting pictures from the costume party and writing up about my visit to Puerto Rico and Puerto Quito- two oddly non-coastal cities- with a friend who works with cacao producers there, but there's no time- my allotted study break is over! Hopefully during a future study break I can get some pictures up and explain how I took a terrestral trip to Puerto Rico and post some pictures too.
love love to everyone back home (just nine more days! this is both terrifying and exhilirating!!!) and a special (belated) Happy Father's Day and Happy Birthday shout-out to Dad- don't worry, I called- I didn't just saludar him with this late blog posting!
For dream #1, check out River Maiden when you get home. At least the coffee part may come true! We'll work on the bagel part. Love, love...
ReplyDelete