Saturday, October 13, 2012

Time traveling

Once upon a time, over a month ago, Alvaro and I went to Chile for a few days to do some gettin' hitched-related errands. I took a limited amount of photos, but forgot to share them. Here are a few!

This is the view from Alvaro's stepdad's family's home in Valparaíso in Cerro Concepción. We're going to do a small gathering at this home as part of the wedding festivities, and their home is beautiful and colonial. Plus, this view from the balcony can't be beat!
After doing our errands, we spent some time in Viña with Alvaro's dad, mostly doing what Alvaro and his dad like doing best- poking around tide pools along the coast. Alvaro's dad used to work as a marine biologist, so he knows a lot and both he and Alvaro have good eyes for finding animals (and identifying them!), so I have no complaints about our chosen activities. It was a really nice day along the coast too. The coolest thing we saw is what Alvaro calls monstruos- monsters, which I realized are called clingfish in English. They suction along walls, and we saw one hanging along a small cliff, and we also saw it unattach and fall into the water! Once again, my camera's delightful manchas- spots- really make the photographs artsy. Thanks, humid cocoa farms.
Along the coast just north of Reñaca
We saw sea lions, or as they're called if translating literally from Spanish, sea wolves. Alvaro's dad was able to identify a mom and her babies, and then we watched her flop off the rocks into the water, and the babies followed! Cool.

I'm getting excited to go back to Chile in December! Despite its significantly higher prices (compared to Ecuador) and significantly longer bus rides required to get around (it's so long!), there are so many beautiful things to see and do, it will be nice to show them off.

1 comment:

  1. Your blog post was timely - I am starting to get excited about seeing you and Alvi, meeting his family, and of course, el gran evento! Just over two months away!

    ReplyDelete