Sunday, December 16, 2012

"a full"!

Here in Ecuador, people steal some English words to use as colloquial saying in Spanish. One of my favorites is the use of the word "full", pronounced "fool", but with a short "oo" sound. If you are very busy or have a lot of things to do, it's common to say Estoy a full! I am full! [of things to do, with things booked in my schedule, etc.].

I have been a full for a while now! I have the beginnings of a blog post about my trip around Ecuador translating with Heifer 12x12 Superwoman Betty, but I haven't posted it yet because I can't get the photos to load! I also started my new job on Monday, and I've been busy networking and getting some important documents finalized as my new boss and I concrete the plans for the Ecuador operations. Finally, I've been trying to sneak in some time for wedding planning, which has taken a very back burner position, despite us being a mere 12 days away from the first day of the series of wedding celebrations (ahhhhhhh!!!!! that was the first time I calculated just how few days are left, that is craaaaaaazy! there is so much to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

In the meantime, check out this link to Betty's 12x12 blog with Heifer (she visited 12 countries in 12 months in the year 2012)- Ecuador was her last country. Aren't her photos stunning?!

http://heifer12x12.com/2012/12/14/bienvenidos-ecuador/


2 comments:

  1. Loved her pictures, definitely!

    However, she describes Ecuador's President as, "Youngish"; I'm shocked you didn't refer her to Hottest Heads of State! He's number seven, for gosh sake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if anything interesting has happened since your last blog entry.

    ReplyDelete