Sunday, March 11, 2012

It's already a good day...

...and it's not even 9am!

I woke up to a deliciously sweet smell, and when I meandered into the kitchen, I realized that Alvaro was making french toast! He also made patacones (thick fried green plantains- recipe linked) which I had been thinking about trying out with some plantains that I bought at the co-op last week. The best part is that Alvaro almost always makes a fresh juice in the morning- sometimes orange/carrot, sometimes a mix of strawberry/mango/banana/pineapple/watermelon/apple/pear/whatever fruit we have + usually a carrot, which is delicious. Breakfast is always a delight.

Plus, on top of my yummy breakfast, there are no Daylight Savings Time confusions when you live on the equator- yes!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, your breakfast sounds delicious.

    Long family discussion of pros and cons of DST this weekend. I do mean long. Consensus: we wish we didn't have to have DST confusion in N. America either!

    ReplyDelete