Back to la U today, and this time I successfully paid for the entire experience! I met my academic coordinator, and officially signed up for classes. In the end, I decided on the conflict management and resolution class, which I was told I would like more. While la U processes my payment I just have to wait, and by Friday I should be able to start the process of getting my student visa.
Aside from checking out the library, cafeteria, and student rooms at la U, I've been looking around for apartments. I found a girl who's looking for a roommate who posted a sign up, and tomorrow I'm going to meet her and check out the apartment. I asked around the neighborhood where I'm staying (my hostel is about 2 blocks from la U, and I'd like to stay similarly close) for apartments, but no avail...yet. I will prevail!
I checked out some art in the centro histórico of Quito today, including a beautiful mural made out of....play dough! I'll try to post pictures soon. It started raining though, so we headed into a café where I had some coffee, and empanadas, al estilo quiteño today. Instead of a flour dough, they're made of bananas (the green ones, not the sweet ones), and the inside had some cheese. Delish!
Now it's raining really hard, with thunder. Whoever said that life on the equator was always warm?
First grade quote of the day
ReplyDeleteKaushal: When lava spills from a volcano into the water and makes steam, does it kill the fish in the water?
Andy (knowingly): Well, the fish can swim quickly so they get away. But the crabs move too slow. So they die.